The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for technically accurate, timely and effective support of the Water Treatment Division’s customers and prospects to drive retention of the client base and help promote growth. The primary focus of this position is to work with the Technical Product Manager providing product support for our customer base and Regional Business Managers
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Product Support
- Help develop and maintain technical product information including product guides, product data sheets, technical bulletins, and web-based product information
- Provide product development assistance to the Technical Product Manager to meet needs of client
- Provide product pricing guidance to Regional Business Managers
- Analyze market/industry product trends
- Technical Support
- Assist in technical support to existing customers to promote growth and stability
- Assist transition stability to the handoff process from prospect to new customer
- Marketing and Promotion Activities
- Attend and display at trade show conventions such as AWT
- Help develop and participate in marketing efforts, i.e., website, blog initiatives, etc.
- Effectively communicate with customers, Customer Service, Regional Business Managers, Technical Product Manager, and company leadership, etc., in person, on the telephone, and by email
- Provide prompt and effective assistance when required by unplanned events
Education and/or Experience
- One to two years of experience in water treatment industry as a technical representative or other industry experience familiar with boilers and cooling tower systems and/or 5+ years Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical discipline
- Strong understanding and competency with Microsoft Office platforms; Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- The position is in Salem, VA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands for picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer and extensive reading.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is what you would be exposed to in a typical office environment. Noise level is low to moderate.
QualiChem is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer meaning that we make all decisions concerning the terms and conditions of employment, from hiring to firing, to the services and benefits we provide, on a non-discriminatory basis. All such decisions are made without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, disability, genetic profile or any other status protected by federal and applicable state law.