Metalworking Sales Engineer - Mexico & Central America
Job Title: Metalworking Sales Engineer – Mexico and Central America
Department: Metalworking Sales
Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
The Sales Engineer is the primary field interface with distributors and end use customers in their assigned territory. The primary function of the Sales Engineer is identifying needs for the company’s metalworking fluids and selling them in a professional and ethical manner. The position requires having in-depth technical conversations and determining how QualiChem’s products can positively affect customer’s operations. The territory is primarily Northern Mexico, from Tijuana/Ensenada to Monterrey/Saltillo, but includes all of Mexico. Additionally, the Sales Engineer must be able to travel to Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and other countries in Central and South America as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To sustain success in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The activities listed below highlight the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Sales analysis and planning: Plan and allocate time effectively to ensure proper territory coverage and sales growth.
- Sales execution: Call on existing and prospective customers, determine their needs and sell appropriate products in applications and markets targeted by the company. Make sales presentations both orally and in writing, and answer questions concerning product use.
- Customer service: Work closely with distributors and end use customers to build strong business relationships and determine service requirements to ensure proper use of company’s products.
- Communication and records: Maintain records of activities within the company’s CRM database and submit sales reports and business development plans as required.
- Sales support activities: Improve technical knowledge through self-study and participation in training events. Conduct all activities in a safe manner.
- Collaboration: Sustain close relationships with distributors and facilitate joint development of sales strategies, sales tactics, proposal generation and customer communication and service programs.
- Reside within the territory, preferably in Tijuana, Mexicali, or Monterrey.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both orally and in writing.
- A strong work ethic and track record of excellence.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision after the training period.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Education and/or Experience
3+ years outside sales experience, with strong knowledge of the metalworking fluids industry. A Bachelor’s or technical degree is preferred, but not required for an individual with extensive background in metalworking fluid applications and selection.
This position will require extensive day travel and some overnight, depending on city of residence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear; use hands for picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working. When traveling, employee is regularly required to stand and walk and may occasionally be required to exert up to 50 pounds of force. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QualiChem is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer meaning that we make all decisions concerning the terms and conditions of employment, from hiring to firing, to the services and benefits we provide, on a non-discriminatory basis. All such decisions are made without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, disability, genetic profile or any other status protected by federal and applicable state law.